Children & Youth Pastor – The Neighbourhood Alliance Church
The Neighbourhood Alliance Church, AB is seeking a Children & Youth Pastor. This is a 15-20 hour per week one year contract that can become a permanent part time position.
- Give overall leadership to the Youth & Children Ministries program, ensuring the vision, discipleship and alignment goals are being met.
- Provide an emotionally and physically safe environment for children as outlined in the church’s Plan to Protect policies.
- Recruit, develop and oversee a network of spiritually gifted volunteer leaders who can help disciple children toward spiritual maturity.
- Provide ministry leaders with role specific training and resources. As well, develop personal relationships with the leaders and provide feedback and encouragement.
- Manage volunteer schedules and ensure there are adequate volunteers for the weekend program.
- Maintain clean and safe classroom equipment with adequate supplies and toys.
- Ministry area set-up and Sunday service supervision, establishing relationships with families
- Assist in planning and executing volunteer and family events
- Previous ministry experience an asset
- A degree in a ministry related field or working on a degree
- Licensed or able to become licensed with the C&MA
- Cleared Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector
- First Aid and CPR training preferred
- Deep love for Jesus and a passion for church ministry
- A strong calling to children’s ministry, evidenced by past involvement and experience
- Demonstrates a Christ-like character, Spirit-filled life, continued personal growth, maturity
- Servant leader with a commitment to empowering lay leaders
- Teachable, with a desire to grow personally and professionally
- Able to connect with a variety of people/age groups
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to:
Chris Haggith, Lead Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. All applicants who apply will be contacted whether or not they move on to the interview stage.